Thursday 20 September 2012

Production workshop this weekend!

Good Evening

I've got some new exciting news for those of you seeking to polish up your Dj/producer skills. I am collaborating with some good friends from Music First and some local talented DJ's this weekend @ Skull Space, 125 Adelaide St!

I am the session guitar player for the workshop. Essentially we will be looping and cutting every tasty little note that screams out of my guitar for use in beat matching and composition arrangement. If interested in checking out the seminar you can email the nice fellas at Music First, tell em I sent ya! ---> Skool.musicfirst@gmail.com

The guitar being played for this particular seminar is a 1972 Fender Stratocaster with a custom shop body, and custom Di Marzio pick-ups. The mind blowing quality of this guitar really is its versatility; this is a major reason why I select this instrument for seminars and demonstrations, because it has a really raw and genre defying sonic pallet. I absolutely love the neck on this guitar, its nice and slippery "albino" maple for lightning fast playing, and it's solid enough that you don't slip and skip notes.

The reason for the guitar specs is to offer some insight on the technical aspects of this instrument, because it will be one of the go-to guitars for the upcoming posts on composition... Also I just really love talking guitars!


What a lush beauty! So back to business, I will be recording elements from the seminar and posting shortly after the weekend. For all you producers out there that are constantly on the hunt for samples, I will post some free guitar samples that you can drop into your own works for a little bit of funky flavor! In the spirit of being new blog buddies, here is a brand new track I wrote and produced featuring the guitar above, Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/nautical_sky/lucid-dreamer-1/s-tbYWS

3 comments:

  1. I mean this in the TOTALLY NICEST WAY: your extreme use of exclamation marks communicates your excitement about these guitars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll leave some element of mystery next time and not write like Im playing it on stage!

    ReplyDelete