Wednesday 12 September 2012

Up & Running!

Good morning all, I am writing from Winnipeg, MB the cultural hub of central Canada, the land of talented musicians and producers alike! In this Blog I will be: writing reviews on new gear hitting the pro-market, conducting technical seminars to help you with your home recordings and step by step fabricating original songs and beats!


My goal here is to provide short-cuts, tips and tricks, a trove of dirty little secrets that are only whispered among the hit-makers and innovators. Think of me as like, an under-cover audio ninja that blogs and stuff... You catch my drift!

Well I have to say, I am looking forward to digging up some content and conducting some recording technique demonstrations, I got plenty of tasty concepts floating around the studio. I hope to accommodate all readers of the track layin' persuasion, so I will be exploring many genres, styles and structures of music composition in a digital audio workspace.

Audio production elements for film will be yet another engaging chapter in this blog, where we will examine Foley and custom creation of FX using minimal gear that will entice even the toughest film critics, causing popcorn to expel out of their careful clutch... But don't get ahead of yourself, this is just the intro! You'll have to tune-in for all these delicious "goods" to come up in the mix, I promise it will be worth the wait!

Suggestions are always welcomed if you are following along and have a particular question regarding home recording, tracking, mixing and mastering; I would be happy to explore it in my seminars!

Thanks for reading! Check me out often on this spot, I'll be kickin' it, feeding your curious mind with new posts on the subject that would be a guilty pleasure; if it didn't make people dance like filthy animals. Most importantly; keep making noise, no matter what your neighbors say!

- GC
Contemplating new content while stroking beard.. Menacingly.






No comments:

Post a Comment